Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just getting started

This is my first attempt at a blog, so it will probably suck BUT I'm mad enough to give it a try. My goal is to find out how many soldiers have been experiencing the same problems with DFAS as my husband. It seems to me that DFAS is this huge agency that has absolutely no accountability for anything it's employees say or do. I hope through this blog that soldiers will be able to help each other.

My intentions are to state cases and how they were handled. I hope to be able to give the names of people at DFAS that seem to know what they are doing and maybe more importantly, the names of people that don't. I hope to create some awareness and therefore accountability to their actions.

We were recently told by a Supervisor at DFAS that the employees in his department, to include himself, were contracted with the war. They no longer have a job after the war is ended. Now these are people that are handling pay issues. What do you think their give-a-shit meter is when they know this is a temporary position. Additionally, what were there qualifications in obtaining a job that deals with soldiers private information.

Some of our experiences:
-Different answers to the same question
-Will not call back or return emails
-DFAS Rome blames DFAS Indy who blames local DFAS who starts the circle again
-Superior officers cannot get straight answers
-Inconsistency in actions for different soldiers for the same problem

I look forward to continuing this blog. DFAS has caused my family considerable financial hardship. I seriously hope we can help each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment